The Kundalini Yoga, also known as the Yoga of Awareness, is one of the oldest forms of yoga. Originally from northern India, he was brought to the west by Yogi Bhajan in the early 1970s.
The goal of this practice is to awaken the Kundalini energy, located at the base of our spine. This creative energy, inherent in each of us, going up the spine and through the individual chakras gives us awareness and a solid inner calm.
Kundalini Yoga classes include kriyas (exercise sequences), mudras (hand positions), pranayama (breathing techniques), mantra (sounds and songs), meditations and relaxation techniques that work on different physical and subtle areas of our body .
These techniques promote strength, flexibility and health to the body, give clarity and calm to the mind and guarantee complete psychophysical balance.
It is a discipline suitable for everyone, men and women of any age, because it can be practiced even if you are not particularly elastic or athletic.
Some benefits of Kundalini Yoga:
- Has strong physical and psychological detox power
- Increases the energy level and improves physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Improves the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive, lymphatic systems and regulates the endocrine system
- Helps balance emotions, decreasing stress, anxiety, depression and internal conflicts
- Helps fight insomnia
- Improve our interpersonal relationships
- Helps clarify goals and achieve life's purpose
- Helps us to eliminate our bad habits and negative mental patterns
- Increase concentration, develop intuition and inner guidance
- Rebalances and harmonizes the chakras